Can I just say that I am thrilled, honored and shocked to be nominated for the Liebster Award. A huge thanks goes out to Katie at Doing Dewey for the nomination. To be completely honest, I had never heard of the Liebster Award until Katie (a complete stranger) came along, but now I am pretty excited about it.
The Liebster Award is an award passed on by bloggers to new blogs (less than 200 followers) worth reading.
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
- List 11 Random Facts about you
- Answer the questions that were asked of you (By the blogger that nominated you)
- Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and Link to their Blogs
- Notify the bloggers of their award.
- Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I’m pretty sure I was a cat in a past life and will likely be one in a future life. I’m just really good at sleeping.
- I can’t resist milk chocolate.
- I never finished my PhD even though I often claim that I did.
- I love to travel.
- I can’t not finish a book I’ve started no matter how much I dislike it.
- Besides English (duh!), I can speak French and Hindi.
- I don’t like meat other than bacon.
- Five year plans are impossible for me. I change my mind way too often.
- I just bought my first sewing machine. It’s purple.
- Every night at about 5:30 I wonder what in the world we will have for dinner.
- I hate taking showers.
Answers to Katie’s Questions:
1. How did you get started blogging?
Way, way back in the dark ages (2001) I had a blog about doing my PhD. It was a great way to procrastinate. When I abandoned my PhD, I abandoned my blog. I sort of thought blogs were passe until I was interning at HarperCollins Canada. After I moved to Edinburgh I wasn’t working for the first time and I thought that doing a blog would be a great way to keep in touch with the Canadian publishing industry and document my reading. So six months later, here I am.
2. Do you have a favorite genre?
Yes. Literary fiction. But really, I like anything that is well written. And I have a strong bias against YA and vampires.
3. What was the last thing you read, watched and listened to?
Born Weird by Andrew Kaufman, the season finale of Survivor and a podcast of This American Life.
4. What are your hobbies?
Reading goes without saying, as does writing. Also gardening and my new attempts at sewing.
5. Of the books you have read this year, which is your favorite?
Umm, that’s a toughy. Let’s go with Tigers in Red Weather by Liza Klaussmann.
6. Where would you go for a dream vacation?
7. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
8. Do you always match your socks?
No. I do well just to make it out the door most mornings.
9. Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate. I don’t even know why vanilla exists.
10. E-book or hard copy?
Tough question. I do love a hard copy, and I love the way books look on shelves, but I would have to say e-book because I move a lot.
11. Do you play an instrument? If so, which one?
No. I am terribly unmusical.
I’m with you on having to finish any book once started! Part of that is because I like to be able to review any book I’ve spent time reading and I hate to review a partially read book. Part of it is also me being a little OCD though 🙂
I’m also really good at sleeping and haven’t finished my PhD.
Congrats on the award!