I have always longed to go to Book Expo America (BEA) in New York, but alas, it does not seem to be in the cards for me. Instead, this year I am participating in Armchair BEA – not quite like being there, but a close second. As a result, it is unlikely that I will posting reviews this week. Instead I am dedicating my time and space to exploring the world of Armchair BEA.
1. Please tell us about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? How did you get into blogging?
My blog is fairly new – about 6 months old. I used to work in a bookstore and I miss talking about books all day long. I thought starting a book blog would fill that gap a little and keep me in touch with the world of book.
2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you’ve read so far in 2013?
Right now I’m reading The Dark by Claire Mulligan. My favorite book of 2013 so far is The Dinner by Hermann Koch. For the most part I read literary fiction and some non fiction.
3. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
I bought my first sewing machine last week. It’s purple.
4. Name your favorite blog(s) and why they are your favorite.
Literary Hoarders. We have fairly similar tastes in books and they feel like real people to me, friends even.
5. Where in the world are you blogging from?
I’m in Scotland, but I’m from Canada. I sometimes kind of pretend that I’m still there while I’m blogging.