May was a busy month all around. We had overseas visitors, lots of school stuff, and bookish delights such as Bout of Books and Armchair BEA to contend with. But I also managed to get a fair bit of reading done. Let’s take a look.
- An Untamed State by Roxane Gay
- Bellweather Rhapsody by Kate Racculia
- The Transcriptionist by Amy Rowland
- Remember Me Like This by Bret Anthony Johnston
- Landing Gear by Kate Pullinger
- Smoke River by Krista Foss
- Summer House with Swimming Pool by Herman Koch
- The Tastemakers by David Sax
It’s difficult to pick a favorite out of the lot, but I would go with An Untamed State if you are brave, The Transcriptionist if you are looking for something literary and Remember Me Like This is you want a little drama.
In addition to those highlighted above, I reviewed:
Right now I’m reading Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown and loving it.