Seriously? July already? I didn’t see that coming. Let’s take a gander at what I’ve been reading, shall we?
- Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
- The Sixteenth of June by Maya Lang
- Flying Shoes by Lisa Howorth
- O, Africa by Andrew Lewis Conn
- Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey
- Em and the Big Hoom by Jerry Pinto
- The Sleepwalker’s Guide to Dancing by Mira Jacob
- The Visitors by Sally Beauman
- The Bust DIY Guide to Life by Debbie Stoller
Additional books reviewed:
- The Explorers by Martin Dugard
- Summer House with Swimming Pool by Herman Koch
- The Tastemakers by David Sax
- How To Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia by Mohsin Hamid
And of course, I have planned my schedule for the Edinburgh Book Festival.
I’ve got some pretty good plans for July and August as well, but that will have to wait for tomorrow’s post!
I’m really curious to read your thoughts on The Visitors. I’ve picked it up and planned to start it several times, but keep setting it aside for other things.
I’m interested to see what I write! I had high hopes for it, perhaps too high. The parts set in Egypt were quite good, but the rest was so-so.
I can’t believe it’s July already either, time really does fly. Looks like you have had a wonderful month of reading this June, and I’m jealous you get to visit the Edinburgh Book Festival, that will be marvellous.
Nice month you had there! I haven’t read any of these and The Sleepwalker’s Guide to Dancing is on my July new releases list. Jealous about the Edinburgh Book Fest. I was in Scotland last summer and missed it.
My husband just read and loved the Explorers. I have received Summer House for review. here is my wrap-up: http://wordsandpeace.com/2014/07/03/2014-june-wrap-up/. Happy festival!
Looks like you had a great month! I haven’t read any of those yet but a few look interesting.