April felt like another busy month in the book0sphere, but now as I take an inventory of what I read, I realize it may not have been too productive. As always, links go through to my reviews.
- The Other Side of Paradise by Julia Cooke
- Astonish Me by Maggie Shipstead
- The Intern’s Handbook by Shane Kuhn
- Half Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan
- Lovers at the Chameleon Club, Paris 1932 by Francine Prose
- The Marrying of Chani Kaufman by Eve Harris
- Flying Shoes by Lisa Howorth
- The Setting Sun by Bart Moore-Gilbert
- The Explorers by Martin Dugard
- How To Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia by Mohsin Hamid
Of these my favorites without a doubt were The Other Side of Paradise and The Marrying of Chani Kaufman. I highly recommend both of those.
I also reviewed the following.
- Listen to the Squawking Chicken by Elaine Lui
- The Heart Broke In by James Meek
- The House at the End of Hope Street by Menna Van Praag
Special Blog Posts
My Reading Diversely post was the most viewed and the most commented upon. If you have not taken a look at it you, go on over and take a look.